"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." ~James 1:27

Friday, July 9, 2010

Watoto Missions Opportunity in Kampala, Uganda, Africa

Greetings! Back in April I was called in for an informal meeting with Watoto Ministries. To those of you who are not familiar with Watoto Ministries it is basically a rescue mission geared towards widows and children in Uganda, Africa. Due to the AIDS epidemic in Africa the parents and/or caregivers of millions of children in Africa have passed away leaving their children abandoned on the streets of Uganda. Watoto resuces these children and raises them to be Godly leaders for their nation. Watoto provides these children a home, a family to call their own, security, food, clothing, an education, and shares the love of Christ with them. Last summer I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Uganda, Africa on a short-term mission trip and absolutely fell in love with the individuals there and their culture. Ever since I returned I know I left a part of me behind and have a burning desire to return and serve. I have prayed earnestly and have waited on the Lord to provide an opportunity to be employed by Watoto Ministries and He has heard my prayer. During my meeting with Watoto Ministries back in April I was presented with the opportunity of a lifetime. There is a position available in Uganda where I would be able to disciple the widows and women in the villages who are the caregivers of these children who have been rescued through Watoto. I do have to raise my own financial support like many missionaries do and it would be a 3 year commitment where I would actually reside in Uganda. Below I have attached a support letter and would encourage you to really seek the Lord for His guidance and leadership as you read it and respond how He leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment