"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." ~James 1:27

Monday, August 16, 2010

Clarification regarding the transfer of funds

Recently I was posed an excellent question regarding whether financial gifts may be sent through Watoto Ministries for accountability? I checked into this and found out that Watoto uses a specific bank, the same bank I also have my personal account set up with. The best way to ensure accountability is to mail your financial gift to:

Selmore Baptist Church
4768 Selmore Road
Ozark, MO 65721

If you mail a check, you can put in the Memo line: Charity Gray (Africa Trip). You can either make the check out to me or you can make the check out to Selmore Baptist Church. If you make the check out to me, I directly deposit that into my personal savings account that is left untouched until I leave for Africa. If you make a check out to Selmore Baptist Church, the church will deposit the money into my personal savings account. For accountability and tax purposes, financial gifts will go through Selmore Baptist Church. Selmore will then send you a tax letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment