"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." ~James 1:27

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Gifts Journal (Please read)

I am currently taking a discipleship class at Watoto Church. It’s a 14 week course. We are studying the following topics:

(Level 1: Focuses on Your Relationship With God)

Introduction & Trinity

God the Father

Jesus: His Life and Work

The Holy Spirit

Building Your Relationship With God

(Level 2: Focuses on Your Relationship with Yourself)

Who am I?

What can I do?

What can I do (continuation)?

Wholesome Living

(Level 3: Focuses on Your Relationship with Your Church/Cell)

Vision, Values, and Cells (Cells are like small groups that meet once a week)

Cell Group Purpose

Role of a Cell Leader

(Level 4: Focuses on Your Relationship With Your Community)

Your Community

You and Your Cell

We have an assignment this week to complete. I am currently studying about discovering my spiritual gifts and passions. I wanted to invite you all to assist me. Sometimes we may not see giftings or passions in ourselves that others may see right away. If you would be so kind, could you please answer the following questions about me to assist me in this self discovery? Please copy these questions and answer them in a private message to me (charitygray3@yahoo.com). Thanks so much!

  1. When you look at me, Charity, what do you see? (Answer how you feel led whether physical, emotional, personality, or spiritual traits).
  2. What would you say are my spiritual gifts?
  3. What would you say are areas of giftedness, talents, passions, ect… in my life?
  4. Overall, what would those closest to me say I’m really interested in or passionate about?
  5. The people I would most like to help are:

Infants, Teen moms, Divorced, Career women, Parents, Unemployed, Orphans, Prisoners, Children, Single parents, Widowed, Young marrieds, Empty nesters, Elderly,Widows, Poor,Youth, College students, Singles, Refugees, Homeless, Disabled, Hospitalized, OTHER...................

6. As you’ve observed my life, what would you say are the issues or causes I feel strongly about:

Here are a few examples that were included in the study material:

Environment,Discipleship, Worship, Music, Violence, Education, Economic, Health care, Abortion Church, Child care, AIDS, Injustice, Addictions, Reaching the lost Poverty, Hunger, Homosexuality, Politics, Racism, International, Technological, Family, Literacy, OTHER........

  1. (Questions for my family only):
    1. As you have watched me grow since the moment of conception, what have you observed as I’ve grown?
    2. What do you see as my gifts, passions, ect…maybe something you’ve never told me before?

No comments:

Post a Comment