"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." ~James 1:27

Saturday, March 12, 2011

2/22/11 Update!

Greetings! I'm happy to report the Lord has given me more of a vision of what my job description really entails. Brent left for South Africa this morning because Watoto is assisting them set up a Watoto model there in Cape Town. Monday we worked out a tentative plan that while he was away, I would work with another individual named Tom in Facilities Management. So today we began the first phase in this huge project. What needs to be done is this: 1. We carry out a full evaluation of all the homes in the villages, primary, and secondary schools, teacher apartments, maintenance buildings, ect... 2. As we do this evaluation, we are inspecting the homes entirely. So today, Tom and I began in Suubi village. There are nine homes in each cluster. Each cluster is numbered and each house is numbered. So we've created a massive spreadsheet to record the data on what needs to be repaired in each home. We then prioritize each need accordingly. This gives us the opportunity to interact and form relationships with the house mother's and children as well, which is where my passion lies. We are trying to allow them to see we truly care and the goal is to try to educate them on how to take ownership of their homes. Once we gather all the data, I will write up a detailed report. Once this is done, we will estimate the cost of material and order the work to be done. That's it in a nutshell. However, there are three villages total in Kampala and one in Gulu with several clusters of homes, schools, and Watoto buildings in general. Additionally, there are teacher apartments, volunteer apartments, medical facilties, ect...all needing maintenance. I'm excited that the Lord is allowing all the pieces to gradually come together into what is really an exciting project.

Today in the village I sat down on the stairs to jot down a few notes on the last house and here "white folk" are called "Mosoongooes" So I hear three children a ways away begin smiling and talking amongst each other saying, "Mosoongoo, Mosoongoo." A little girl made eye contact with me and walked right up into my lap and gave me a huge hug and smiled from ear to ear. She followed me around for awhile after that and held my hand around the village. It was the sweetest thing!

The Lord has blessed me so much since I've been here! He's given me amazing friends! My friend Barbara and I continue to cut up and kid around all the time. She's truly a blessing and a treasure! It truly is amazing the difference one connection in a foreign land makes. The Lord works miracles in one's spirit!

Today, yet again the Lord's hand of mercy was upon Barbara and I. We were out in the village fairly all day and she received a phone call around 1 or 2pm stating there was a bomb threat at Watoto Church where our office is. Suubi village is about an hour away from the church and it ended up being nothing to be concerned about. However, the Lord is good and we picked a good day not to be in the office. He's really given me such an amazing peace! Even in hearing about that, I prayed in my spirit for the Lord to take care of it and went on trusting.

Please continue praying for my physical health, I was down last Sat. but by Sunday I was in church dancing for Jesus again! I absolutely love the enthusiasm and energetic worship! Just the genuiness of it and the presence of the Holy Spirit. Pray for supernatural wisdom to do His will in the mission He has for me to do here.

I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment